About the 2022 FALL CONFERENCE
AFCC conferences are the debt resolution industry’s premier events for networking, driving innovation and advocacy, and sharing best practices. Registration for our 2022 Fall Conference in Las Vegas guarantees you access to engaging speakers, high energy networking events and access to the industry’s top vendors. Amplify your voice and help shape the future of debt resolution for our companies and our customers. Join us Oct. 10-12 at the Wynn Las Vegas.
AFCC 2022 Fall Conference
Sunday October 9th
1:00 to 6:00 PM
Advance registration for the golf outing is required. Registration fee includes: complimentary transportation to and from the hotel, 18 holes of golf, eligibility for all contest prizes and award dinner immediately following the outing.
AFCC 2022 FALL CONFERENCE AGENDA
AFCC Gives Back Volunteer Event- Three Square, Las Vegas
Women of Debt Relief Luncheon
Join the Women of Debt Relief for lunch with keynote speaker and author of “It’s How You Say It” Barbara Teicher.
AFCC Member Summit – Open only to AFCC Members
National Opinions on Debt Resolution
Join us as we discuss the latest research from Quadrant Strategies as we continue to explore the language surrounding our products, our industry, and the AFCC, with proven data from the experts examining opinions from diverse elite audiences and the general public.
Afshin Mohamadi, Partner, Quadrant Strategies
The Situation on the Ground with Steve Boms
Sit down and explore the status of debt resolution with legislators and regulators from across the country with Steve Boms, President of Allon Advocacy and Director of Legislative Affairs for the AFCC. He will provide highlights from the past months as well as an update on where he sees the industry moving in 2023.
Steve Boms, President, Allon Advocacy
AFCC Executive Board Election
Welcome Reception (Open to all attendees)
All conference attendees are invited to this high energy conference kickoff event. This is the perfect opportunity to network and enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in our Exhibitor Showcase.
Breakfast- Sponsored by Freedom Debt Relief
AFCC Industry and Compliance Update
Attorney model legal requirements and correct setup
California in detail
Networking Break- Sponsored by Beyond Finance
AFCC Standards Committee
Join members of the AFCC Standards Committee to hear the process behind how the committee chose marketing as a standard to explore and what the risks could be for the industry if we don’t self-regulate.
Moderator: Steve Boms, President, Allon Advocacy
Dan Frazier, CEO, Century Support Services
Sean Fox, President and Chief Revenue Officer, Freedom Debt Relief
Nima Vahdat, EVP, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Americor
Jeff Biesman, Chief Marketing Officer, National Debt Relief
Cyber and Data Security: Is your company safe?
Many of us think we protect our companies from a security breach. Or we haven’t thought about it. But, in the last three years, there has been a significant increase in data breaches, which is on the CFPB’s radar. Learn about recent data breaches and their consequences for the industry. This panel of experts will guide and share insights on how to protect your consumers and your company.
Keynote Lunch- Sponsored by Century Support Services
Join us for an insightful and candid discussion with Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a distinguished economic adviser to policymakers and regulators. He is the former director of the Congressional Budget Office and former chief economist of the President’s Council of Economic Advisers. Amidst a challenging economic environment for consumers, Dr. Holtz-Eakin will provide insight into how policy decisions coming out of the pandemic are impacting our country now and what to expect in the future.
Breakout Sessions Topics Running Concurrently
AFCC Marketing Standards:
Join two industry experts as they provide an analysis of the proposed AFCC marketing and advertising standards. Provide real-time feedback on the proposed standards.
Robert Linderman, Consultant, AFCC
Michael Thurman, Founder, Thurman Legal
Resources for outsourcing customer service and other functions:
Gain actionable insights and practical solutions through this interactive session on outsourcing. Learn about outsourcing both in the U.S. and to offshore facilities.
Jared Schagrin, CEO, Call Center Pros
Safia Khan,HR Director, Call Center Pros
The Economic Environment and how it affects the value of D.S. Companies
Does the current economic environment affect your ability to raise capital? Does the increase in consumer credit in the U.S. make your business a better opportunity for investors? Hear from experts in the fields of M&A, valuation and raising debt/equity on growing in today’s environment and how to position your company to attract the right type of capital.
Michael Lamm, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Corporate Advisory Solutions
James Shanahan, President, NexGen Financial
Licensing for Debt Settlement Companies- Applications, Bonds and Advice
Learn about the requirements for debt settlement license applications, how to prepare for and apply for state licensing.
Yarly Franco, Paralegal, Greenspoon Marder LLP
Afternoon Networking Break: Sponsored by Max Decisions
Government Relations Committee (By Invitation Only)
Cocktail Reception- Sponsored by Reliant
Eye Opener-Bloody Mary/Mimosas
Pick up a “morning after” eye opener as you join us for the last day of the conference and a riveting presentation by Dr. Anamaria Lusardi.
How important is financial education to our industry?
Dr. Annamaria Lusardi, University Professor of Economics and Accountancy at George Washington University and founder and academic director of the Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC), will present research on financial fragility, the personal finance index, and why financial education is important for the financial and debt resolution industry.
The future of Third Party Payment Processors
Learn about third-party payment processing innovations and what new regulations could affect the industry.
Moderator: Marsha Jones, President, Third Party Payment Processors Association
Sanj Goyle, Entrepreneur-In-Residence, CFTPay
Kurt Grossheim, CEO, Global Holdings
Sara Paquette, Executive Vice President of Client Relations, Reliant
Juan Cahue, COO, Debt Pay Gateway
"Sales Are Up, But How's Retention?"
Your marketing is good, and enrollments are up, but is your retention? What is the point of the cost of enrollment if you can’t retain customers? From the first contact through plan completion, hear from experts in customer service, marketing, operations, and sales about techniques for reducing NSFs and customer cancellations before the first payment to retaining customers through the customer lifecycle.
Moderator: Teresa Dodson, Founder & CEO, Greenbacks Consulting
Natalia Brown, Chief Client Operations Officer, National Debt Relief
Jim Navarre, COO, Century Support Services
Jeffrey DeLage, Chief Marketing & Operations Officer, Financial Freedom Group
Janneen Jackson, CEO, Monarch Beach Corp
Lunch-Grab & Go
AFCC 2022 FALL CONFERENCE SPEAKERS
- Denise A. Dunckel CEO AFCC
- Robby H. Birnbaum Partner (Greenspoon Marder LLP) President, AFCC
- Dr. Doug Holz-Eakin Former Director of the Congressional Budget Office Economic and Fiscal Policy Expert
- Annamaria Lusardi University Professor of Economics and Accountancy George Washington University
- Afshin Mohamadi Partner Quadrant Strategies
- Steven Boms President Allon Advocacy, LLC
- Dan Frazier CEO Century Support Services
- Sean Fox PRESIDENT & CRO FREEDOM DEBT RELIEF
- Nima Vahdat EVP General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer Americor Financial
- Jeff Biesman CMO National Debt Relief
- Teresa Dodson CEO & Founder Greenbacks Consulting
- Steven Williams Chief Compliance Officer National Debt Relief
- Joseph Kamau Chief Security Officer Freedom Financial Network
- Timothy C Hernandez Founder and CEO Debt Settlement Info-Bank
- Scott Shafer Chief Executive Officer Absolute Performance Inc
- Gil Danieli Chief Information Security Officer Reach Financial
- Michael Thurman Founder Thurman Legal
- Robert Linderman Vice President & Legislative Director AFCC
- Jared Schagrin CEO Call Center Pros
- Safia Khan HR Director Call Center Pros
- Yarly Franco Senior Paralegal, Regulatory and State Licensing Greenspoon Marder
- James Shanahan CEO NexGen Financial
- Michael Lamm Co-Founder and Managing Partner Corporate Advisory Solutions
- Marsha Jones President Third Party Payment Processors Association (TPPPA)
- Sanj Goyle Entreprenuer-In-Residence Priority Technology Holdings (PRTH)
- Kurt Grossheim President and Chief Executive Officer Global Holdings
- Sara Paquette Executive Vice President of Client Relations Reliant
- Juan Cahue COO Debt Pay Gateway, Inc
- Natalia Brown Chief Client Operations Officer National Debt Relief (NDR)
- Jim Navarre Chief Operating Officer Century Support Services
- Jeffrey DeLage Chief Marketing / Operations Officer Financial Freedom Group
- Janneen Jackson VP Phillips & Cohen Associates, LTD
Meet industry innovators and experts at the AFCC 2022 Fall Conference.
- Be part of the largest gathering of professionals in the debt settlement industry.
- Meet with exhibitors to learn about the latest products and services.
- Participate in Breakout Sessions.
- Connect with industry peers at the various networking events
- Leave the AFCC 2022 Fall Conference with valuable information to help enhance and improve your current processes.
This is a great way to showcase your company during the AFCC 2022 Fall Conference. We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors that makes these events such a huge success. Please contact Karin Stragand if you would like to learn more about how to become a sponsor.
AFCC is teaming up with Three Square Las Vegas to support their mission of helping to end hunger in Southern Nevada.
1 in 8 individuals in Southern Nevada struggle with hunger. It is the mission at Three Square to provide wholesome food to hungry people, while passionately pursuing a hunger-free community. This cannot be done without the help of our volunteers like YOU!
We will be working in the Volunteer Room packing produce and grocery items for seniors and families in need. Sorting and packing donated food product, preparing product for distribution and any other tasks that may be needed. You may be standing, bending, lifting, and walking on concrete.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact:
Virtual Food Drive:
If you are not able to give your time at our Volunteer Event, please consider making a donation via our Virtual Food Drive. With your help, the vision of a hunger-free community will one day be a reality.
Visit the AFCC Virtual Food Drive link through October 14th to make a donation.
Thank you for your generosity!