Join Our Fight to Settle Debt for Struggling Americans
By joining the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), you are investing in an industry that is committed to supporting consumers who are struggling with overwhelming unsecured debt. When the industry comes together to speak with one unifying voice, we can affect change that protects our ability to provide consumers with access to quality, effective debt settlement options that adhere to the highest possible consumer protection standards.
As the oldest association representing the vast majority of the debt settlement industry, the members of the AFCC collectively uphold the highest standards of operation anywhere in the debt settlement space. By joining you can add your voice to affirm that your business fully adheres to this ‘gold standard’ – and help us continually improve consumers’ experiences in debt settlement programs.
What Is The Mission Of The AFCC?
The AFCC is the leading voice of the debt settlement industry, advocating on behalf of debt settlement companies with federal and state government agencies, Congress, state legislatures, and other stakeholders. We maintain a high standard of business principles and practices which command confidence and respect as well as promote and foster goodwill for the industry.
We advocate for public policies that ensure every consumer across the country has access to the best and most effective tools to improve their financial health and settle their debts in a way that is right for them.
How Can My Company Benefit From Being A Member Of The AFCC?
Although we operate in a highly regulated industry, our critics continue to mislead policymakers on the benefits of debt settlement to consumers and call for unwarranted restrictions limiting consumers’ ability to access debt settlement options when facing a financial hardship. The AFCC works to educate stakeholders on the benefits of debt settlement and advocate for pro-consumer public policy solutions.
By becoming a member of the AFCC, you are helping to build a stronger industry for the future and expand access to debt settlement programs for consumers across the country.
With AFCC membership, you will never be alone, and you will always have an ally in your corner.
Here are just a few more benefits you will receive as a member of the AFCC
What Are The Other Important Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AFCC?
Members of the AFCC have access to a variety of invaluable benefits, including:
- Accreditation Support – We walk your company through the accreditation process step-by-step.
- Advocacy and Government Affairs – We strengthen your voice with critical outside audiences who are making decisions which can impact your business.
- Industry Updates and Alerts – You will be the first to know important information that could affect the industry and your business.
- Biannual Conferences – We gather twice a year to network and discuss the latest issues and impacts to the debt settlement industry.
- Member-Only Calls and Discussions – The AFCC leadership has an open door to its members and holds monthly calls and roundtables at the conferences to hear as well as respond to your thoughts and input.
- Promotional and Educational Resources – We produce content, materials, and collateral to inform and educate outside audiences about the vital importance of your services.
- Member Services – Gain access to trusted advisers in government affairs and public affairs and exclusive services that could help you prepare for the future.
What Is Accreditation?
The AFCC requires its member companies to be accredited to ensure companies meet the highest consumer protection and operational standards in the debt settlement industry. Accreditation lets consumers know that you stand behind them confronting their creditors, while representing their best interests and their goal of a debt-free future.
The AFCC partners with BSI – a renowned, independent standards certification organization. All AFCC member companies, regardless of size or tenure, must meet accreditation standards and are subject to regular third-party audits. Accreditation status must also be renewed annually.
Once your company becomes fully accredited, it will be found on a searchable database on the AFCC website as well as have complete access to the use of the Accredited Member Seal – something consumers look for when searching for a debt settlement company.
Download the Best Practices for Accreditation Checklist.
Download the PDF
Read the AFCC Code of Conduct and Uniform Program Disclosure Statement
AFCC Corporate Members are Full Service, Back-End and Front-End Debt Settlement Companies and debt settlement Payment Processors. In addition to benefits below, corporate members receive all the benefits listed under Affiliate Membership.
The AFCC offers membership types based on company type and need. We can help you find the best one for your business.
All members receive:
- Access to AFCC discounts on BSI audit and other valuable discounts
- Enhanced company profile on AFCC website with link to company website
- Member only updates and legislative alerts
- Exclusive invites to AFCC member-only calls and roundtables
- Exclusive early access to AFCC reports and research
- Access to AFCC talking points and white label marketing materials
Affiliate Members are business organizations that provide products and services to the debt settlement industry. This category does not include payment processors who are considered Corporate Members. Membership runs annually from January through December.
Up to 1 Executive Board Member of the AFCC will be chosen from this category.
As an AFCC Affiliate Member, you’ll enjoy exclusive access to AFCC Corporate Members and other benefits, such as:
- Networking with AFCC Corporate Members at AFCC conferences
- Exhibit and Sponsorship opportunities at AFCC conferences
- Discounted registration for AFCC conferences
- Alerts on legislative developments
- Affiliate Member listing in AFCC Member Marketplace
- Use of AFCC Affiliate Member logo
- Access to AFCC Member Portal
- State Law Guide provided by Greenspoon Marder
- Rights to use the AFCC Seal on your website and marketing collateral
- Prominent placement at the AFCC Annual Conference